Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Are We Ready?!


Ok, so, just in case anyone hasn't noticed, there is a woman running for president.
Just kidding! how could anyone NOT notice considering all the flack that, not only Hilary, but all women are getting as a blacklash from the candidacy.
I actually cannot vote, as I am not an American citizen (American resident, Canadian citizen) so it is not likely I really get to choose a candidate and I personally thinking that either Clinton or Obama would be fine. But the angry words thrown at towards not only Hilary, but the very idea of a woman president are out of control.
This Daily Show segment sums it up pretty well, in an ironically sex in the city type of way.

I have many friend who will not vote for Hilary (I just love how all the men running are referred to by their last names while, even for me, Hilary Clinton is just "Hilary". Like she is a friendly, nonthreatening neighbor or something) because they think she will be a bad president. I disagree with these people but that is besides the point. Whether Clinton is a good or not so good choice for the democratic party should have nothing to do with whether she is a woman.

No comments: