Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Post

I think I may have been the last person I know to know what a blog actually was. It was only after months of reading about debates regarding the legitimacy and worthiness of the tings that I finally asks someone what the word actually meant.
And now I am addicted.
Unless I am traveling or in the middle of a desert (i.e Burning Man), I read Feministing everyday. Sometimes, during a slow day at work i will cruise Metafilter or Boing Boing every hour, looking for some tidbit of information to make the day less painfully dull. Then I started linking to other pages and other pages and the web grew and grew.
And finally, I started a blog because I thought it would be un-feminist (not that people sans blogs are by any means, un-feminist, it was just a personal judgment) with all my resources and time, not to.
There are few outlets that allow people (at least those with the luxuries of computers and time) to comment publicly on sexist, racist or homophobic nonsense so often bypassed or ignored my mainstream or even "alternative" mediums.
So, for me, blogging can be a feminist practice and I intend to use it as such.

No comments: